Sofrito is another Venetian recipe that has been incorporated into Corfu’s cuisine.
The perfect traditional Greek veal Sofrito recipe straight from the island of Corfu!!With this step-by-step easy to follow Greek Sofrito recipe you can easily recreate this traditional delight from scratch! If you ever been at Corfu you can’t have missed this incredibly tasty traditional dish of juicy and tender, melt-in-the-mouth veal with a delicious intense garlic and vinegar based sauce. Simply amazing!
- 4 thin slices of veal
- 150 grams of olive oil
- 50 grams of vinegar white or red
- 1 bunch of parsley finely chopped
- Flour enough to cover the meat
- 4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
- Salt and black pepper
How to do it
- Put some oil in a pan
- Flour slices of meet on both sides
- Put the meat in the pan where the oil has already been hot and turn it on the other side when it rises.
- Remove the slices of meat and put them in a saucepan
- Put a little olive oil together with a bunch of finely chopped parsley and finely chopped garlic in a clean pan, sauté for 1 minute.
- Put the sautéed parsley and garlic in the saucepan with the beef and put the pot in the fire.
- Once it starts to boil, put some vinegar and hot water immediately to cover the meat well and let it boil
- Pour salt and pepper and let it boil well.
- At the end, lower the fire a bit when the sauce has become thick, that means that the food is ready.